This tool will re-write an existing web page, inserting links
to either Calflora or CNPLX
wherever the scientific name of a wild
California plant occurs.
To see what plant names will be found,
set Output to Text list of plant names.
Note that the tool will work with plain text, HTML, or PDF documents.
With HTML documents, the original formatting is preserved
However, with PDF documents, the original formatting is
lost, and the results presented as HTML.
- To use this tool to develop an HTML page,
the suggested method is
Output = Html Code with links;
2. copy and paste the
resulting code into a file with a .html or .htm extension;
3. upload the file to your website.
- To use this tool to develop PDF documents, the suggested method is:
1. write the document in plain text or HTML;
2. use this tool to replace species names with links; and
3. convert the result to PDF with a tool that preserves the links.
To see exactly which plant names are found in a document
and why, use this tool: